[linux-audio-user] no sound card

michel levy michel.levy at imag.fr
Thu Jul 7 03:55:40 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 19:07 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
>
>>>CONCLUSION : most of my difficulties have happened from the
>>>removal of alsaconf of the package alsa-utils, I don't
>>>understand why someone has decided to do this removal.
>>
>>Worth a bug report?
>

> Not if you're using ALSA 1.0.6, that's way too old.  If you have the
> same issue with 1.0.9b, then it's worth a bug report.
>
> Lee
I am using ALSA 1.0.6 the last package alsa-utils found in
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/SRPMS/
And in this package alsaconf is missing.
Ii's not a way too old for a user (not a developer).

I have verified that on the ALSA site that alsaconf that the package
alsa-utils-1.0.9rc4a contains alsconf.
But it seems to me a good idea to send a bug report with the solution of
the bug : update the package alsa-utils-1.0.6-3.src.rpm.

--
Michel Levy
L.S.R., Bureau C214, B.P.72 - 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES CEDEX