[linux-audio-user] no sound card

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Jul 7 07:25:02 EDT 2005

michel levy wrote:

> I am using ALSA 1.0.6 the last package alsa-utils found in
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/SRPMS/
> And in this package alsaconf is missing.

Sorry, but it is there. I just downloaded the indicated RPM and built it
myself. I also tested the alsaconf script just to be sure. It's there
and it works.

After installation, did you check /usr/sbin or /usr/local/sbin for the
script ? For some reason RH (and I assume the same for FC) does not
include the sbin directories in teh edfault system PATH definition.

> Ii's not a way too old for a user (not a developer).
>
> I have verified that on the ALSA site that alsaconf that the package
> alsa-utils-1.0.9rc4a contains alsconf.
> But it seems to me a good idea to send a bug report with the solution
> of the bug : update the package alsa-utils-1.0.6-3.src.rpm.

There's no bug AFAICT.

Best,

dp