[linux-audio-user] More output

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Jul 8 05:36:47 EDT 2005

On Fri, 08 Jul, 2005 at 08:18AM +0200, Mario Lang spake thus:
> james at dis-dot-dat.net writes:
>
> > After the recent glut of very good stuff coming through the lists, I
> > feel less inclined to expose myself.
> >
> > But I will anyway.
>
> Man, I just discovered your music page and listened to most of your tracks,
> and I have to say, I am truly fascinated.  You're doing great!!! music.
> BeatFun is exactly the kind of thing that would have had me completely freak
> out if played on a loud PA at some in/outdoor party.  All this
> flangery

I'd love to have the chance to try that out.  Even a squeeky door
sounds good when it's that loud.

> tracker effect stuff reminds me very much so of my old tracker days.  Its kind
> of sad that I never found a usable tracker on Linux anymore.  I used to use
> modedit 3.01 under DOS, and happened to be very creative with it.

Have you tried cheesetracker?  It's from the screamtracker lineage, so
if you ever used that or impulse, you'll feel right at home and have
so many new toys to boot.

> Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'd buy this stuff if it was on vinyl :-)

That's probably one of the greatest compliments - that someone would
be willing to part with cash to listen to my stuff.  Thanks.

> Go Go Go!

Where?  Where?  Where?

James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)