[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

David L. Craig dlc at radix.net
Sun Jul 17 19:16:34 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 11:57:22PM +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > a.) what (linux) distribution do you use?
>
> Gentoo.
>
> > b.) does the distribution that you use supply a lot of
> > audio-related packages by default?
>
> Yes, and most of them in relatively recent versions. The rest
> can be installed by user contributed ebuilds or by building
> them from source.
>
> > c.) do you consider the distribution that you use to be
> > notably adequate for audio production? why?
>
> With a custom kernel, yes it is. But Gentoo surely isn't a
> distro for the beginner. Much settings are done by editing
> configuration files. There's no YaST or DrakConf.

I also use Gentoo with the devel 2.6.12 kernel unpatched.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg