[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Mon Jul 18 12:52:09 EDT 2005

> I'm curious, what have you needed to change in the kernel?
> I'm on gentoo-sources 2.6.11-r9 and it's been fine.

I've been running a vanilla 2.6.10 (no genkernel) with the
RT-LSM module loaded which was absolutely OK for my needs
(~16msecs latency on my cheap USB soundcard).

Unfortunately, I trashed this kernel when playing with some
webcams, so I currently run a 2.6.12 without any patches, but
I should build a realtime 2.6.12.

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with kernel building, and
since the RT-LSM module got dropped I'm in need on some info
how to build a 2.6.12 for audio work before I can continue
kernel exploring ;-) .

Best regards

    ce