[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

Michael Wagner michael.wgnr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:46:26 EDT 2005

On 7/17/05, paniq at paniq.org <paniq at paniq.org> wrote:
> a.) what (linux) distribution do you use?
Archlinux.

> b.) does the distribution that you use supply a lot of audio-related packages
> by default?
Not really. I'm not up to date with the latest packages, but the last
time I checked, there were not so many available. Especially
Software-Synthesizers and Programming Languages like CSound or PD are
not available. But it's easy to create your own packages in Arch, so
that's no real problem...

> c.) do you consider the distribution that you use to be notably adequate for
> audio production? why?
I think others may be more adequate for audio production, because it
involves quite a bit of work to get everything working. But I really
like the way Arch "ticks", so I never considered switching to another
distro.

-Michael