[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

October extremecs at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 08:29:06 EDT 2005

--- paniq at paniq.org wrote:

> a simple poll for your ml people here:
>
> a.) what (linux) distribution do you use?
A/Demudi 1.2.1 based on Debian Sarge

> b.) does the distribution that you use supply a lot
> of audio-related packages
> by default?
Yes.  Like CCRMA this distro is intended to be used
for music/audio production.  What isn't there I get
from Sarge repositories or build from source.

> c.) do you consider the distribution that you use to
> be notably adequate for
> audio production? why?
Yes (see answer to "b").  Real-Time capabilites are
very good "out of the box" and most apps work reliably
together with little configuration needed on the
user's  shoulders...  Less time spent tweaking and
configuring the system = more time for actually making
music!