[linux-audio-user] alsa midi processor again

Peter Brinkmann brinkman at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jul 18 16:56:28 EDT 2005

> >Basically I'd like to have input from at least 3 keyboards distributed
> >to various alsa clients, maybe with some splits. The setup needs to be
> >recallable from command line...
>
> I'm sure you can get Pd to do what you want, especially if Frank
> Barknecht advises you. ;-)
>
> However, there's a nice project just waiting for an enterprising Linux
> audio/MIDI app developer: a software equivalent to the Yamaha MEP4 (MIDI
> event processor). The MEP4 was a rechannelizer, splitter, MIDI event
> filter/modifier, etc. It was great fun to use and very handy around the
> hardware MIDI studio. Google for ' Yamaha MEP4' for more info.
This sort of thing should be easy to implement using my Python bindings
for the ALSA sequencer. I don't have time to do this right now, but if
someone wants to give it a try (Atte?), I'd be more than happy to help.
Best,
    Peter

PS: You can find the Python bindings at
    http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~brinkman/software/midikinesis/