[linux-audio-user] Just got 2.6.12-3-multimedia

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Jul 19 06:54:02 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 13:09, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 July 2005 02:21, Lee Revell wrote:
> >> You should not need it, since 2.6.12 the standard kernel contains the
> >> realtime rlimits.  If your distro ships a 2.6.12 kernel, they need to
> >> update their PAM and bash packages to support this feature
> >> (check /etc/security/limits.conf and the output of ulimit for any
> >> mention of real time priority).  Otherwise it's a bug.
> >
> > I'm running kubuntu/breezy with their 2.6.12-3-amd64-generic kernel
> > and not sure what else to actually check for. My
> > /etc/security/limits.conf is totally commented out and ulimit returns
> > "unlimited".
>
> You want to execute "ulimit -a".

$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) unlimited
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited