[linux-audio-user] Just got 2.6.12-3-multimedia

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Jul 19 09:27:52 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 20:54, David Baron wrote:

> > You want to execute "ulimit -a".
> $ ulimit -a
> core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
> data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
> max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
> max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> open files                    (-n) 1024
> pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
> stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
> cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
> max user processes            (-u) unlimited
> virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Great, thanks David, my output looks similar to this and certainly no
mention of any realtime anything.

Surely there is a URL to a doc somewhere explaining how to apply the
realtime settings to a kernel and where the PAM patch is and how to
set it up ?

Has anyone got an example of how to configure /etc/security/limits.conf
once the PAM patch is applied ?

--markc