[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Wed Jul 20 08:03:42 EDT 2005

J_Zar wrote:

>Alle 18:07, martedì 19 luglio 2005, Russell Hanaghan ha scritto:
>

>>J_Zar wrote:

>>>PCLinuxOS
>>>

>>:)  Off topic but how did you get turned onto PClinuxOS? Was it from
>>
>>this list?
>>
>>R~
>>

>Well... I was searching for a Mandrake alternative because I dislike limited
>free Mandrake repositories... Searching on the net I found PCLoS... I found a
>well established community (pclinuxonline.com)... I tryed the boot CD and I
>was astonished from the power of that stuff... Then I installed it and I am
>very happy of this distrib. I used lot of distros in my pcs (each one for
>several months): Fedora / RH (1 year), Mandrake (4 years), Debian (3 months),
>knoppix hd installed (2 months), Ubuntu (this one only few weeks), Mepis (2
>months)....
>
>Actually.. I'm happy with PCLoS... and I think it can be a good choise for
>many users!
>
>Cheers,

Agreed on all counts!  Texstar and his all stars have made a solid
effort here....and with Thac onboard, well that was just cream!

I dropped the ball due to many life issues but I still intend on getting
back to creating a live bootable remastered from Pclos with all the cool
audio apps. Make a great starter Linux Audio CD for someone. It really
is the easiest install I have ever come across.

Cheers...

P.S. The Efnet IRC channel is pretty active too...maybe I'll see you there?
R~