[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Wed Jul 20 12:05:08 EDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> J_Zar wrote:
>
>> Alle 18:07, martedì 19 luglio 2005, Russell Hanaghan ha scritto:

>>> this list?
>>>
>>> R~
>>>

>> Well... I was searching for a Mandrake alternative because I dislike
>> limited free Mandrake repositories... Searching on the net I found
>> PCLoS... I found a well established community (pclinuxonline.com)... I
>> tryed the boot CD and I was astonished from the power of that stuff...
>> Then I installed it and I am very happy of this distrib. I used lot of
>> distros in my pcs (each one for several months): Fedora / RH (1 year),
>> Mandrake (4 years), Debian (3 months), knoppix hd installed (2 months),
>> Ubuntu (this one only few weeks), Mepis (2 months)....
>> Actually.. I'm happy with PCLoS... and I think it can be a good choise for
>> many users!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> Agreed on all counts!  Texstar and his all stars have made a solid effort
> here....and with Thac onboard, well that was just cream!
> I dropped the ball due to many life issues but I still intend on getting back
> to creating a live bootable remastered from Pclos with all the cool audio
> apps. Make a great starter Linux Audio CD for someone. It really is the
> easiest install I have ever come across.

A live bootable Linux CD especially created for Linux Audio use? WHat a
perfect idea! I'd love to be involved/informed. If you create a mailing
list please put me on it.

Imagine having this on your keychain on a USB thumb drive; plug it in to
a random PC, reboot, and there you are with a full audio studio.

Storing songs would be a bit of an issue, but even if it was for
demonstration purposes only it would be very well worth it.