[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

Benjamin Racher bracher at iupui.edu
Wed Jul 20 12:55:54 EDT 2005

> A live bootable Linux CD especially created for Linux Audio use? WHat
> perfect idea! I'd love to be involved/informed. If you create a
mailing
> list please put me on it.
>
> Imagine having this on your keychain on a USB thumb drive; plug it in
> a random PC, reboot, and there you are with a full audio studio.
>
> Storing songs would be a bit of an issue, but even if it was for
> demonstration purposes only it would be very well worth it.

this week at Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con!

Or over a network one could have audio terminals... I wonder what people
could do with hifi multitracking drum machine FX rack telephones. And
soon with software radio engineering... it will all be wireless. What a
mess that will be.

Currently running a very unstable debian unstable on a handful of
laptops of friends who know nothing about linux and always get pissed at
me for the problems... but thanks to VNC, they're very slowly learning.
Also using debian to run an online college radio station, manage my home
network, and serve up the latest Rowntree Records recordings:

http://rowntreerecords.kicks-ass.net/archive/works_in_progress/

anti-social hoosier lofi garage rock: all recorded using a Tascam
4-Track, Lexicon Omega Digital USB, JACK, Ardour, Audacity... and other
stuff layin around we can put gum and aluminum foil onto.

JUST GOT OUR FIRST LP BACK FROM THE PRESSING!!!!! Now begins the tedious
process of handprinting all our covers...