[linux-audio-user] Poor Schmuck...

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jul 23 07:47:03 EDT 2005

I haven't read the article in question yet. I will when I've had more time.

Last Friday 22 July 2005 18:49, Jan Depner was like:
>     "a real sticking issue is the fact that it looks so drastically
> different from the rest of my GNOME driven desktop (Ardour uses GTK) and
> is rather unintuitive".  Ooh, it's not esthetically pleasing.  Give me a
> break.  Yes, Ardour is complicated, duh.

I haven't personally found Ardour to be unintuitive. Perhaps that's because I
was a musician long before I discovered computers.

>     "If I can't use it, how is someone with no knowledge of audio
> recording supposed to use it?"

Aye well there's the rub. Personally I've watched people with no knowledge of
audio recording or musical taste, but plenty of money rule the roost when it
comes to the control of equipment and software. For the last twenty or so
years. They can stuff off now. ;-)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk