[linux-audio-user] Rlimits

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Jun 7 18:51:25 EDT 2005

> Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> writes:
>
>> I have this:
>>
>>     /usr/bin/jackd-realtime -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2
>>
>> in my ~/.jackdrc file.  But, qjackctl never seems to use that.
>> It always defaults to jackstart.

You can certainly change just that on qjackctl (see Setup/Settings/Server
Path).

>> I've tried to save my defaults in qjackctl, and there weren't any
>> complaints from qjackctl when I did.  Any suggestions for how to
>> get qjackctl to use what's in ~/.jackdrc?

Qjackctl doesn't use ~/.jackdrc as input. But you can instruct it to write
one for you instead (see Setup/Misc/Save JACK audio configuration to). If
instructed to do so, this ~/.jackdrc file will be overridden on each
server start with the whole configuration as taken from qjackctl setup
settings. The other way around is not an option, however.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org