[linux-audio-user] Low latency USB 1.1 card?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun Jun 12 10:00:22 EDT 2005

Christoph Eckert wrote:
> my terratec card provides very high latencies (more than
> 40msecs),

Due to how the USB protocol works, all USB audio devices have the same
latency.

You should be able to get lower latencies by loading the snd-usb-audio
driver with the "nrpacks=1" parameter, and using three periods in
Jack.

> so I wonder if there are cards out there which are USB 2.0
> compliant but can be used on my USB 1.1 machine (until I get a new
> one) at low latencies.

Using USB 2.0 wouldn't reduce latencies, even if there was any audio
device supported by Linux.

HTH
Clemens