[linux-audio-user] getting alsa to recognize a layla 20

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Tue Jun 14 13:23:54 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 10:11:34AM -0700, ero wrote:
> I'm new to Linux, and Fedora/ALSA seems to refuse to see my sound card. I'm a bit confused about
> how to force the issue... any suggestions?

Layla 20 is most definitely supported in alsa-driver 1.0.9 or newer.  i assume you tried this? checked in dmesg or /var/log/messages after modprobe snd-layla ? a while back i had to ln -s /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware to /lib/firmware so that the hotplug/fxload stuff could actually find the files it needed to send over to the card.. also be sure to install the 'echomixer' from alsa-utils...

perhaps your fedora doesnt have 1.0.9 (echo support was just recently rolled in)