[linux-audio-user] Low latency USB 1.1 card?

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Wed Jun 15 16:02:46 EDT 2005

Clemens,

> Probably you should just deactivate bandwith checking in
> the kernel config.

I did disable

[   ] Enforce USB bandwidth allocation (EXPERIMENTAL)
[   ] Dynamic USB minor allocation (EXPERIMENTAL)

and now I can run my USB card with

156 F/p instead of 512
3 Periods/Buffer

and qjackctl tells me 16msec latency!!! I can immediately feel
the difference by playing Aeolus or Zyn!

In Zyn, when playin a rhodes sound and using the hold pedal, I
get a lot of noises, but I guess it's a Zyn bug.

If this persists then this would be almost three times as fast
than before! Clemens, that's like Xmas!

I'd like to express my deepest thanks that you shared your
worthy knowledge with us. I guess Frank Barknecht will be
happy as well :) .

Thanks a bunch!

Best regards

    ce