[linux-audio-user] Laptop recommendations?

James McDermott jamesmichaelmcdermott at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:31:18 EDT 2005

Any recommendations for laptops? I'm looking at Toshiba and
Fujitsu-Siemens models around EUR1100. I'll mostly be doing synthesis,
eg ZynAddSubFX, and programming. I'll be using the built-in soundcard,
at least for now. I don't really care about battery life.

The main question is: Celeron v Pentium 4 v Pentium-M? I read where
Steve Harris wrote:

> the Pentium M's are better for audio work (IMHO) than
pentium 4's, due to better denormal handling, and can do more
clock-for-clock.

Is this true for Celeron-M as well (if it really exists)? Or should I
definitely, definitely avoid Celeron?