[linux-audio-user] apps for practicing improvisation

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 17:53:07 EDT 2005

Greetings:

  Some useful apps are listed at linux-sound.org, look under the
Musicians Utilities section.

  There are tons of MIDI files out on the net, I often download files
for arranging songs for my students. Some files need no work at all,
others require massive participation. ;)

  I also like to write drum and bass parts for my students. I can work
quickly with a sequencer like seq24, it's a very simple matter to whack
out a few tracks as accompaniment parts. Nice to be able to alter tempo,
loop, and transpose at will.

Best,

dp