[linux-audio-user] apps for practicing improvisation

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Sun Jun 19 17:56:11 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 07:27:26PM -0100, Gilles Degottex wrote:

> I'm looking for softwares to practice improvisation, chords grids,
> beat/mesures following, etc.

I praqctice improvising by recording myself comping. I usually do this
in audacity. Then I select sections I may want to work on. If I want a
slower version I just record it slower. This sounds like a pain in the
butt but it just gives me more practice at playing the chord changes. I
believe that this will ultimately help me to play around the changes
because I will know them better from playing them more often. Then I can
overdub my improvisation to later pick out things that I did that I
thought were cool. So many time I improvise but can't remeber what I
played after I finished.

Jeremiah