[linux-audio-user] Behringer BCA 2000 - has anyone tried it ?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Mar 1 09:04:02 EST 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:02:31 +0100
Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> wrote:

> Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> writes:
> > I *heard* that the Behringer is "broken" in this regard in that it
> > just stops to send data when one end is reached (that is, it stays at
> > 0 or 127 without wrapping around at all). I'd be glad to hear if this
> > is true or not,
>
> Yes, it is, and I consider this behaviour the only sensible.
> For me, the other dials (those that wrap) are broken, and
> they are a serious accessibility hassle.

I'm with Mario on this.  The last thing I'd want to have happen is to
have a parameter wrap from full off to full on because the controller
sent out a value of 3..2..1..0..127.

If I put my master volume on such a control, and I'm trying to turn down
the volume with a rapid leftward twist because I've go a feedback loop
somewhere, I *really* don't want it to wrap to full volume after full off!!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com