[linux-audio-user] Behringer BCA 2000 - has anyone tried it ?

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Tue Mar 1 09:57:33 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:04:02AM -0500, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:02:31 +0100
> Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it is, and I consider this behaviour the only sensible.
> > For me, the other dials (those that wrap) are broken, and
> > they are a serious accessibility hassle.
>
> I'm with Mario on this.  The last thing I'd want to have happen is to
> have a parameter wrap from full off to full on because the controller
> sent out a value of 3..2..1..0..127.

I think I would prefer the dial to send relative information as
to what direction it's turning, so that you can have more than
127 different values controlled by one knob. It's not exceedingly
difficult to take a wrapping controller and make it functionally
the same, but if the encoder just stops at 0 and 127, it makes
that impossible. I do agree, though, that the wrapping doesn't
seem like a very good idea.

-spencer