[linux-audio-user] PD demos?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Thu Mar 3 13:39:35 EST 2005

Wow. CVS version of PD compiled fine. Only the sine wave demo
in extra/ dir makes sound. Other demos makes no sound.
The demo situation could be better.

I would like to have an analog-style synth patch. Anyone?

I would like to have a list of all the available objects and
abstractions. Anyone? A list having the icon of the object and
a short description next to the icon. Now it is rather
difficult to find out what objects are available.

Small problems occured:

When I add a slider to an object, the slider does not pick up
the object's default values. How to do this?

I could not add adsr object to "*~ 0.5" object but could
add it to "*~" object. Confusing.

Jack did not compile. I probably should upgrade Jack.

Audio in the sine wave demo started skipping (A/D/A sync errors).

If the patch is large, the patch windows opens up too large
for the screen. Adjusting the window size from its edge
causes a large jump in the window size or location -- cannot
see which one it is.

But the window opens too small as well even if the patch would
fit to the half of the screen.

Juhana