[linux-audio-user] MIdisport 8x8 simply working

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sat Mar 5 16:44:18 EST 2005

> > Are there any sysex commands which can be used to set up
> > the midisport 8x8 patchbay?
>
> Yes.
>
> (I don't know what they are, so I was lucky that you didn't
> ask for them.  ;-)

I did some reverse engineering today, and I got it. I'm now
able to setup the patchbay using amidi (again many thanks,
Clemens ;-).

But it's very difficult for normal users to translate the
connections he wants to make into the bytes to send to the
Midisport 8x8.

To be honest, I'm a lil bit proud that I understood it due to
the fact that I never studied anything computer related :) .

Is the Midisport 8x8 used by anyone in this list as a patchbay
in offline use? Anyone interested in writing a small QT or
GTK program to read the contents of the Midisport 8x8 and let
the user change the settings? I'd provide all tech/sysex info
I can offer.

Should I publish the sysex info somewhere (any wiki?) or is it
intellectual property of m-audio?

 Best regards

    ce