[linux-audio-user] Repairing wav files written by pd 64bit

Tapio Kelloniemi persistent.spam at thack.org
Mon Mar 7 14:44:12 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:27:32AM -0700, thewade wrote:
> In the mean time does anyone know how to repair the header of a wav
> file? I tried snd-7 but it cannot open the file. Sox doesnt reconize
> the file format. I can play the files written by PD by using:
> aplay -f dat test.wav

Remove the WAV header in some way (everything up to and including letters
'DATA'). Then use something like this:
sox -t raw -r 48000 -swc2 broken-wave.raw corrected.wav

You can skip the header deletion, but then you get a clock at the
beginning of the corrected WAV (the click may be hearable).

--
Tapio