[linux-audio-user] Repairing wav files written by pd 64bit

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Mon Mar 7 15:34:11 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:27:32 -0700
"thewade" <pdman at aproximation.org> wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have been asking that the developers of PD help me by repairing the
> wave file read and write objects in the 64-bit environment as the
> headers of the PD written files are all messed up, and PD cant read
> in wav files without the user having to overide the headers. I am
> patient an hopefully something will happen there soon.

How about replacing the current WAV read/write objects with a wrapper
around the libsndfile routines. This will allow you to read and write
much more than just WAV files, the code works with either endian-ness
and works on 64 bit systems.

libsndfile is already used for file I/O in SuperCollider and I believe
John ffitch (spelling?) is also working on using in Csound.

Erik