[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

Bill Allen<lau@ballen.fastmail.fm> lau at ballen.fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 9 22:42:43 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Hi!
>   At http://freepats.opensrc.org there is a mellotron sample in the flac
> format. I'm very interested in this sound. I'd like to see it in a soundfont,
> so it can be used with fluidsynth. Unfortunately I only can convert this
> sample to the .wav or .raw format and split the different samples from one
> another. The actual soundfont creation (with swami) I can't do. Would anyone
> be interested in this kind of project?
>   As said I'd convert and split the flac file and do, what else I can, but
> for the final swami-touch, I'd need some help, because I'm blind.
>   I'm looking forward to hear from someone!
>   Kindest regards
>         Julien

Julien,

Since I have some experience with swami having done my Soprano Sax
soundfont (http://64.136.57.245/soundfonts/SopranoSax.sf2.gz), I'll give
it a shot, but I can't promise a timeframe.

BTW: I loaded the flac into audacity and can't make heads or tails of it.
How are you working with it?

Regards,
Bill