[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010/ALSA fluke

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Thu Mar 10 14:41:28 EST 2005

Hello.  I wonder if anybody has any ideas on this one:

I'm running a gentoo 2.4 kernel with a Delta 1010 sound card, wrote an
asound.conf to route audio to various channels for multiple instances of
mplayer - very cool - but this fluke happened this morning that it'd be
awesome to understand...

I got in and it had been looping three mplayer videos (mpgs) all night.
They had gotten janky, ie: weren't really playing anymore, so I did a
killall mplayer - nice.  Then I tested some play back, one at a time, of the
same movies.  They routed fine, everything was great, except, on analog
outputs 3, 5 and 7 (not 1), the audio was a little garbled.  Like a digital
garble type of thing almost sounding like a sample rate mismatch or
something.  I tested with an .mp3 and the same happened, and I tested an mp3
with alsaplayer and it happened, and then I did the tests again, and the
second time, the .mp3 and the alsaplayer instance didn't do the weird thing,
but the .mpgs still did it.

So I rebooted it and it went away.  *shrug*

Anybody have any ideas on that?