[linux-audio-user] corrupted midi messages using vstserver

Robert Persson ireneshusband at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 15:15:25 EST 2005

On March 9, 2005 02:49 am, quoth Tim Orford:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:38:34PM -0800, Robert Persson wrote:
> > version of wine).  The problem I am having is that some midi messages to
> > the plugins get garbled.  What happens is that, if I hit two or more keys
> > simultaneously on my midi keyboard, one (and only one) of the notes will
> > continue sounding after the keys have been released.
>
> i wonder if this is related to the problem Paul Davis discovered
> relating to bad plugins not zeroing the output buffer:
> http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2004-April/007706.html
>
> i'm not familiar with the plugins you mentioned. Do you get the
> stuck notes with recent plugin releases (post cubase 10 (sx2))?
>

> cheers

"Stuck notes" would certainly be a way of describing what is happening, so
this might well be the problem.

Synth1 has been around a while.  Phibes quite possibly also.  I don't know my
plugins very well so I wouldn't know which were post-Cubase-10.  If you could
point me to a downloadable post-cubase-10 plugin I'll give it a go and see
what happens.

Am I to understand from that Paul Davis post you linked to that a fairly
simple patch would actually solve the problem?  Does anyone know whether the
other methods for hosting VST plugins (the ones I can't get working yet!)
address this problem?

Thanks once again, Tim and everybody.
Robert
--