[linux-audio-user] sfxload: No AWE synth device is found

Til Schubbe t.schubbe at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 08:36:23 EST 2005

* On 17.03. Clemens Ladisch (clemens at ladisch.de) muttered:

> Til Schubbe wrote:
> > But I still can't load a soundfont:
> >
> > til at debian:~ - sfxload /etc/midi/Fender2.sf2
> > No AWE synth device is found
>
> Do you have a Sound Blaster Live or Audigy card?

No, I want to play a MIDI-file with my motherboard's internal
soundcard:

0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

Can I use a soundfont without a special soundcard?

I can play .mid-files with timidity and pmidi.

Regards
Til

PS:

til at debian:~ - pmidi -l
 Port     Client name                       Port name
128:0     TiMidity                          TiMidity port 0
128:1     TiMidity                          TiMidity port 1
128:2     TiMidity                          TiMidity port 2
128:3     TiMidity                          TiMidity port 3