[linux-audio-user] sharing tracks with bittorrent?

Bengt Gördén bengan at sunet.se
Wed Mar 23 03:22:39 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:45:11PM +1100, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> g'day
>
> i've just finished re-recording a song that a few people on the list
> have expressed an interest in mixing ... i'm just wondering the best way
> to make the tracks available, and i was thinking that the solution would
> be to tarball the seperate tracks and make a .torrent file out of them.
>
> the thing is, i haven't got that much space on my server, and it seems a
> bit of a waste to take all the time to upload it there (i only have an
> upload speed of, like, 7k/b or something) when i could just share it
> directly in the superb way that bittorrent does.

I've got quite a bit of disc space on my server. If you just seed the
torrent I'll leach it and let it stay up on my server.

> also, what would be the best way to share the seperate tracks? as *.wav
> files or *.flac or something else?

I'm not sure but the programs that I use seem to mostly handle*.wav.
But I go for FLAC, as it is truly free, if it was up to me.

regards,

- KTHNOC/SUNET/NORDUnet | http://www.sunet.se/~bengan | +46 8 7906586 -