[linux-audio-user] Jamin compressor vs LADSPA SC

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Mar 27 18:59:37 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 17:07, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Jan. I'm a bit confused though, on the Jamin site I
> believe you mention that you will be releasing API details soon. Does
> that mean an API is in the works but not made yet?

    This is news to me.  I just checked the page and that's what it says
alright :)  I generally don't think in terms of an API for an
application (more for a library).  At present the only way to interface
with the running application is scene changes using OSC.  I can
understand what you want to do but it appears to me that the only way we
could reasonably provide that would be with some sort of external
interface like OSC for every function in the GUI (not that that's a bad
idea, it would just be a lot of work).  If you have any suggestions on
how to implement something like this let us know.  I believe that at
some point in the past Steve was talking about divorcing the processing
from the GUI but I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not.

Jan