[linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 28 17:54:20 EST 2005

Trying to learn:

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 00:41, Jan Depner wrote:
> The only
> thing I'd like to add to JAMin right now is a variable (0-3ms low, 0-2ms
> mid) delay on the low and mid bands.  Hear that Steve - nudge, nudge,
> wink, wink, hint, hint...

What musical advantage do you get if some bands are delayed? What effects do
you get with that? Where is this needed/wanted?

Until now I only know that it might be good to delay the rear-channels of
surround-recordings to widen the distances...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe