[linux-audio-user] Ardour created stuff

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:04:38 EST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:02:37 +1000, Shayne O'Connor
<forums at machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:

> >Perhapse they have better negotiating powers with more signups.  I
> >think that is about as far as you can reach with that.
> >

> exactly - that's the first thing advertisers want to know - "what's your
> subsriber base?". that is about as far as one *needs* to go to prove
> that point.

Pointless.  You can't expect someone to continue providing hundreds to
thousands of dollars per month of free service without being able to
somehow get some of that money back.  It just isn't possible to do
that.  If having a high count of subscribers helps them do that then
great; there is absolutely nothing wrong with that if they are not
releasing personal information, which they have promised not to do in
their privacy agreement (and I have no reason to believe they have, or
would, break that agreement).  It does not harm the user in any way
imaginable.

> >The rest is optional. The first two are obvious necessities.  The
> >third to make sure you are a real person (otherwise spammers can get
> >accounts and use them to fuck with other users).  I don't know why
> >they want country but it isn't a major concern...lie if you want.
> >They can get it from your IP anyway..
> >

> what if you use a foreign proxy?

Do you?

> yeah, i just noticed that ... goodo .... is it not possible to provide a
> link to the stream, then?

I provided a link to all streams.  This is edging on just plain lazyness.

> how about this, ya arrogant prick:

Goodbye.