[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour created stuff

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Mar 29 11:38:26 EST 2005

>From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah at gmail.com>
>
>my guitars101 artist page contains stuff I mixed with ardour:

(Noah, this is not personal.)

These "recorded and mixed" with Linux software mp3/ogg files
starts to be very boring topic.

You all could provide Ardour session setup file, list of effects,
routing diagram, and why not: the whole original non-mixed and
non-effected material. We could have a test/demo song which could
be used for checking if the our systems works as expected.

You also could choose to use software instruments instead of the
real instruments. E.g., one could record a human drummer, but then
replace the drums with a software version of the same drumming.

I'm curious to know if anyone of you are able to come up a nice
remix with Start-AB's remix contest samples:
 ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/culture/music/western/Yello/startabcontest2004.tar.gz
I would like to have an Ardour mix setup for at least one nice smooth
remix. Then I could replicate the nice remix methods in my own remixes.
Simply placing the loop samples on the tracks will not work.

Juhana