[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour created stuff

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 17:30:34 EST 2005

On 29/03/05 17:38:26, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> These "recorded and mixed" with Linux software mp3/ogg files
> starts to be very boring topic.

I'm very new to this so for me it is interesting, at least at the
moment, to hear the kind thing that can be done with Linux audio
software.

> You all could provide Ardour session setup file, list of effects,
> routing diagram, and why not: the whole original non-mixed and
> non-effected material. We could have a test/demo song which could
> be used for checking if the our systems works as expected.

I did download Shayne's song to try mixing it.  I have not published the
results as I don't believe I have come up with anything better than the
people who already tried.

As someone just starting out at this with no qualifications in music
production and no recording studio experience I am sure I could learn a
lot from what effects other people find good and techniques to use.

> You also could choose to use software instruments instead of the
> real instruments. E.g., one could record a human drummer, but then
> replace the drums with a software version of the same drumming.

I don't really have any interest in doing the above.  My personal view
is that computer instruments are used either when a sound is required
that is not available from a real instrument, as a convenience, or as a
way to avoid hiring a musician to play the real instruments.  Other
peoples view may differ.

Steve.