[linux-audio-user] Removing voice

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Mar 30 14:41:14 EST 2005

I'm running debian sid.

Anyone know of a good filter I can use to remove voice?  I've got some flac
files that I'd like to filter to remove voice and burn for my kids to
sing with.

I tried using xmms, which has a few voice removal plugins that work
fine, but if I use the Disk Writer plugin for output then the effects
are not in the output wav files.

I tried using sox:

    sox in.wav out.wav band <center>

But I can't find a good setting for <center> that works anywhere as
well as xmms's Voice Removal or DeFX plugins.

I'm looking for something like sox -- trying to avoid snd or audacity
just to make converting a lot of files easier.  Plus, I tried Steve
Harris' LADSPA Karaoke plugin and it doesn't seem to work quite as
well as the ones in xmms.  Subjective, of course.

Any suggestions?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org