[linux-audio-user] Lo-Fi Linux Music

Ernie Dulanowsky ernst.pulsewidth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:52:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:11:14 +0100, james at dis-dot-dat.net
<james at dis-dot-dat.net> wrote:

> I like these, but...
>
> > Another rapidly developed track.
> > Done with Seq24, Noiseweapon from Pawfal, Ecamegapedal, and recorded with
> > JACK Timemachine
> > http://www.pulsewidth.ca/tracks/mp3/pulsewidth-tryandkeepittogether.mp3
> > http://www.pulsewidth.ca/tracks/ogg/pulsewidth-tryandkeepittogether.ogg
>
> ...this one is either broken or too weird for me.  It sounds like it's
> not playing properly, just sharp regular harsh tones.

It's supposed to be just sharp regular harsh tones. It didn't start
out like that, but I ran it through EcaMegaPedal's Time Crop gate (i
think), and adjusted to taste. The
envelopes in Noiseweapon weren't short enough for me, so when I
happened upon the Time Crop, it kind of clicked for me. That piece is
almost too weird for me sometimes, too :)

best,
ernie