[linux-audio-user] dssi-vst automatically logs me out of FC2

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Thu Mar 31 07:03:41 EST 2005

sorry to cross-post this, but i'm not sure what the culprit is, so hopefully someone here might know (not that i'm using FC2 anymore, but it could be a bug somewhere).

>>>from february.

>>well, it doesn't look like it's wine ... i tried every version back to
>>20041201, which has previously worked rock solid for me (recompiling
>>each time against the older version). each time, VST plugins that have
>>worked for me previously are either logging me out when i start them, or
>>logging me out when i close them. this is true whether i invoke
>>"jack-dssi-host" or "vsthost".
>>
>>shayne

more info:

* jack_fst works fine.

* with a dssi-vst enabled rosegarden, the problem doesn't occur - using
them does not crash rosegarden nor does it log me out.

* it only happens when i exit the plugin by closing the window ... if i
start it from a terminal and then hit "Ctrl+c" to kill the plugin, then
it stops fine, without logging me out.

* it's not easy to get the error messages it prints to the terminal when
closing the plugins window (logs out before i'm able to copy and paste,
and trying to pipe the output to a .txt file only gets the load-up
messages), but here's the paraphrased messages i was able to pen down
(after 3 logouts):

bailing out (...)
write failed on (...) fd:10
remotepluginclient:422 (...) broken pipe

those dots in brackets are where there *might* be more information, but
i can't remember for sure ...