[linux-audio-user] Converting DAT to 16 bit/44KHz stereo using S/PDIF

ISh ish at sarai.net
Wed May 4 05:50:02 EDT 2005

Hi all,

 I wanted to convert some of my DAT(48KHz) tapes into CD Audio
Quality(16 bit/44KHz stereo) via S/PDIF connection on the Soundblaster
Audigy ZS Sound Card.  I just wanted to know if I will be able to do it
with Ardour and what all settings will have to be taken care off (like
in the mixer/ardour Settings etc). And if any one knows of some postings
on the web that explains this stuff, that will be really helpful.
Basically what software can be used to import the DAT using S/PDIF and
the settings that go along with that.

Thanks

ISh