[linux-audio-user] kernel upgrade issues

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Fri May 6 12:32:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Friday 06 May 2005 17:39, Noah Roberts wrote:
> I upgraded to 2.6.11 from 2.6.5 and it seems that was a mistake.  My
> thumb drive no longer works with Linux and I get more xruns than ever;
> mostly on playback, which is odd.  I didn't patch the kernel yet, all
> I did was use stock but I enabled the pre-empt this time.  Last kernel
> didn't even have that.
>
> Anyone have some thoughts?  I thought people where saying that post
> 2.6.10 was the best there was for audio.  So far it doesn't seem like
> it.

I'm experimenting with a stock Mandrake 2.6.11 kernel, by default it does not
have preemtion enabled and the performance is MUCH better than the one I
rebuilt with preemption turned on... go figure?!

I did make some other changes, like optimizing for athlon and enabling
security capabilities. I'm going to test more, if I find something out I'll
post it.

> A have an amd64 and I am in 64 bit mode.

Athlon system here.

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/