[linux-audio-user] kernel upgrade issues

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Fri May 6 11:39:48 EDT 2005

I upgraded to 2.6.11 from 2.6.5 and it seems that was a mistake.  My
thumb drive no longer works with Linux and I get more xruns than ever;
mostly on playback, which is odd.  I didn't patch the kernel yet, all
I did was use stock but I enabled the pre-empt this time.  Last kernel
didn't even have that.

Anyone have some thoughts?  I thought people where saying that post
2.6.10 was the best there was for audio.  So far it doesn't seem like
it.

A have an amd64 and I am in 64 bit mode.

Thanks for any suggestions.