[linux-audio-user] Re: An equivalent for Megafont

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at infovia.com.ar
Thu May 12 19:28:26 EDT 2005

El jue, 12-05-2005 a las 20:07, Lee Revell escribió:
[snip]

> You want asfxload, not sfxload.  sfxload is an OSS program, asfxload is
> for ALSA.
>
> AFAIK you don't need a special program to load large soundfonts, because
> ALSA supports larger soundfonts than Windows by default.
>
> Lee

Well, I checked what exactly this guy wanted. I'll try to make this
clear, because I already made it a mess :-)

First of all, I'm very new to sfs, so I may be writting garbage.
It seems that this guy doesn want asfxload nor sfxload, because they
can't load sf2s "dinamically". I couldn't understand this, so I went to
[1]. It seems that this program can load the sf2 "on request", or
something like that.
The source of the program can be downloaded in [2], but I don't know
under wich license they are.
Anyway, if someone can explain me if there are any differencies, please
do it :-)

[1] http://www.geocities.com/lstnght2000/
[2] http://www.geocities.com/lstnght2000/megafont_mutation_src.zip

Cheers!! Damian-

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. -- Groucho Marx