[linux-audio-user] Sofsynths & ALSA MIDI Questions

NiXO Beee nixobeee at hanginggarden.dyndns.org
Sat May 14 09:09:50 EDT 2005

Hi out there,

Well, I'm trying to setup a machine aimed at running softsynths and plugins
(natives synths, LADSPA plugins and jack_fst ones as well).

This is a machine based around a Sound Blaster Live!, with an nforce2 chipset.

I compiled a 2.6.11 kernel with the realtime lsm patch, and everything is
running smoothly, with a very decent latency.

SB Live's MIDI ins and outs are working well when I plug my PC88 in.

Then compiled jack, wine, jack_fst, dssi and such.
Then installed some softsynths RPMS, and a bunch of free VSTis.

Here is my problem :
-jack_fst's plugins respond to after touch in a strange way : they change
presets according to pressure. I recorded some midi to check what was going
on, and Muse and Rosegarden as well are recording plain vanilla after touch,
so I do not understand what's going on...

I checked my Kurzweil's PC88 setup and it is pretty clean, as the MIDI
recording shows (no strange event recorded, except after touch).

I also have a problem with Muse not outputing anything to other jack_fsts than
the first that has been launched, but it may be a problem related to the way
the RPM was prepared. Got to re-compile that one. Rosegarden working very
well out of the RPM-box.

Thanks in advance !

--
[ NiX=O Beee ]