[linux-audio-user] RE: More Homemade Muzak

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Fri May 20 13:31:14 EDT 2005

Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> I have a Roland SPD-6 "drum pad", which I absolutely love! Works very
> nicely for controlling various MIDI drum synths (the internal sounds
> suck as can be expected so you do need external sound sources, but hey,
> our Linux computers have plenty to offer :)). It's also relatively cheap
> (compared to full MIDI drumset at least). I have foot pedals for hihat
> and bass, and use the pads (with real drum sticks) for rest.
>
> I'd be curious to know what other low-budget MIDI-drumming solution
> people use (aside computer/synth keyboard drumming)...?

   I have yamaha DD-55, looks like it's very similar to roland SPD-6 in
functionality. I love to play with it, the only annoyance is that the
midi events it sends out are on channel nine by default and it's hard to
change them (magic button combos and than you hit the pads to go up/down
the channel numbers etc.) [for those who don't know: usually you want
drum/percussion midi events on channel 10]

	erik