[linux-audio-user] unable to use qsynth

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Sat May 21 21:49:31 EDT 2005

I am trying to use qsynth to play midi files through jack.  I have
tried 3 different sound fonts.  2 make no sounds and the GM font just
crashes with output 'Killed'.  fluidsynth does the same when using
that font.  When I play the midi with pmidi -p 129:0 file.mid I see
green lights flash and such, but no sound comes out.  I turned up gain
but nothing happens.  Using Qjackctl I see that the connections are
right, it should be making noise.  Pmidi seems to be ok with it...
But nothing comes out.  I have tried 3 different fonts and 2 different
files having totally different content (one heavy metal the other
piano music).  I don't know what to try next.

Thanks for any help.