[linux-audio-user] cdrdao simulate --device /dev/sda1

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Thu May 26 20:27:03 EDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 01:49, R Parker wrote:
> --- Arnold Krille <arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org>
> wrote:
> > Do they want every song as a wave-format on hd? Then
> > burn it and rip it again
> > with cdparanoia.
> I have one wave format file that is every song;
> master01.wav and a Table of Contents file (cd.toc)
> that describes the starts, lengths and text fields.
> What I need is an image file that is exactly what gets
> burned to the CD to be burned onto my hard disk. I
> don't see where this can be done though.

As far as I understand burning cd`s: What you burn onto an audio-cd is exactly
(*) the same as in the audiofile you get from ardour :-). The toc file tells
the burner and the player where the tracks begin and end but the data is the
same as in the file.

Thats also what you get if you rip a cd completely into one file and
additionally extract a toc- or cue-file...

(*) maybe with swapped bytes

> And Nick
> Mainsbridge informs me that I can provide the
> duplication house with the master01.wav and cd.toc and
> they will burn the master. It makes sense. I'll upload
> both files to a duplication house ftp server and see
> how they respond.

Thats how it should be. What else than than a file with the data and a file
with the trackinformation could they want? ;-)

Good luck, I am going to bed now,

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe