[linux-audio-user] Dual heads

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri May 27 03:11:26 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 05:54, tommy wrote:
> 2) for some people, the nvidia driver leads to crashes, seems to have
> something to do with the bios (fortunately not for me)

   Where I work we've been running NVIDIA dual head (with NVIDIA's
drivers) on 50+ SMP systems for the last 5 years or so.  We're doing
very heavy duty 3-D work using Fledermaus (http://www.ivs3d.com/).
There is still an occasional problem with crashes related to NVIDIA and
SMP but it is extremely rare.  I have yet to see a crash on a single
processor system due to NVIDIA's driver (this includes the three systems
I use at home).

> 3) On my box, software suspend (1 & 2) won't  work when in X with nvidia
> drivers. - of course i can kill X, but then i
>     can also shutdown the box
> 4) You can't use hw accellerated fb w/ nvidia drivers, u must use vseafb-tng
>
> that u call "excellent linux support" ???

    I call it much more excellent than the crap that ATI is trying to
peddle ;-)

Jan