[linux-audio-user] light multitrack recording

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Fri May 27 12:36:04 EDT 2005

On 27 May 2005 at 11:03, "Peter Lutek" <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:

> thanks, kevin.... yup, i'm on the ardour list, but am ok with
> the ardour side of things. incidentally, you don't need a
> plugin for the metering..... the ardour mixer shows peaks in
> each strip, and is now globally resettable (ctrl-click in any
> channel peak box resets all channels).

I use its meters.  But, I haven't found, nor bothered to look,
for peak-hold on them, let alone reset.  I'm using beta29, if
that matters.

> yes, i'm using an rme multiface (8 analog, 8 adat, 2spdif).

Very nice.  I've never been able to figure out for certain
whether one needs to buy an additional PCI card to use the
multiface with a computer.  It looks like that to me from data on
the web.  I opted for the delta 1010 because it comes with a PCI
card for about half the price of the multiface plus an rme PCI
card.  Of course the multiface has ADAT sync, which would have
been wonderful for me since I have an ADAT too.  So, did you have
to buy an additional card?

Thanks....

--
Kevin